I KNOW Im silly, but what do you guys think?

Quote:
I agree. But I'd wear the cowboy boots with the jeans. It's easier to keep them decent looking while wandering around in the garden.
smile.png

Quote:
Brattishtaz! Where have you been? I haven't seen posts from you in a while. Yes, I wouldn't do the overalls thing. That was a joke. We are Urban Farmers, for sure. I'm thinking of cutoff jeans (the only jeans I will wear) knee length, of course... don't want to show off too much of my GORGEOUS legs
lau.gif
and either the cowboy boots (which are very cool and stylish here in P-Town) or sneakers.

Even though I am usually disgusting and sweaty working in the yard, I want to look nice but still show I'm a "working girl"

I have been spending some extra time with my daughters. My older DD is getting ready to start college and I feel like this is my last summer with them as "kids". We have been taking care of the birds, going to the beach, and I've taught them how to play poker (mother of the year here
lol.png
).

I'd say go with the cutoffs and show off those legs then! Who knows, you might just get tons of fan mail from secret admirers.
wink.png

Quote:
x2. It's a chance to demonstrate that the appeal of chickens ... okay, yes, and that whole self-sufficiency thing too (I'm still all about the chickens) ... to a wide swathe of people. Too many people already think anyone with chickens or who grows their own groceries is somehow "different" ... show them how "normal" you are (as if there really is such a thing) ...

Just be yourself. Whatever outfit makes you most comfortable (leaving out PJs or stained clothing of course
wink.png
) you should wear. It's always a bit nervewracking around news personnel and all that stuff going on and could make you nervous a bit. You want to feel comfortable in what you're wearing and not tugging on something too short, too tight, too new, too... 'not you'.

Agreed. Fortunately, most folks here in Portland Oreegawn are pretty progressive about the chicken thing and don't see us so much as hick farmers, which is really cool. 2 years ago there were 1000 People that went on the tour here. Very cool, in my opinion.

Quote:
How about some nice jeans - not cutoffs - with a nice long sleeved shirt and cowboy boots? Cutoffs and tank tops say "city slicker" from several miles off - especially when worn with cowboy boots. Why in the world would anyone want sunburn, ticks, stinging nettles, and poison oak? Real farmers are generally seen in full length pants and long sleeves wearing either billed caps, straw hats (ten gallon look in the west, "coolie hats" on many Asian-American farmers here in the west (ethnic pride meets awesome practicality - I want one of those hats), and assorted braided straw styles in the MidWest, East, and South. In the winter one may wear a felt hat - but in summer, unless you are a working ranch hand, it is kind of out of place.

When heading to our cabin, we stop at a small family owned drive in restaurant in a small town. The locals - and us - roar with laughter upon the departure of confused suburbanites who frequently decide to take their shoes off and walk barefoot since "we are in the country now." Watching them on the hot asphalt and the gravel is actually hysterically funny.

Quote:
Oh, that's hysterical! I asked my friend the same question and he said the EXACT SAME THING! I told him I don't HAVE any overalls (strange, I know) nor a straw hat. Darn it! I knew my wardrobe was missing SOMETHING.
lau.gif

You're in Portland; those are easy to find. However, since you're not out plowing the back 40 square feet, I think they're a bit of an overkill as a fashion statement. Chicken wrangling is not the time to have to worry about those fool over the shoulder straps sliding off on camera. They tend to do that until you figure out how to wear them; it is a bit of an art to adjust them and wear them.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom