I like it on top LOL>

7L Farm

Songster
9 Years
Jul 22, 2010
Anderson, Texas
Yup I'm still not finished. I need to put a rail around the deck. I have around 65 two week old Bob Whites in the pen they look like little ants inside. I do have the ladder built already so shouldn't be much longer. I'm now glad I added the deck it will give the birds more shade. It is hotter than a fire cracker outside right now & no rain insight. Well, here it is.
63768_finished_coop_001.jpg

Very nice Bobwhite enclosure! Most folks keep their bobwhites in small pens or cages. I also keep bobwhites and built them something similar in size using chainlink fence panels covered in chicken wire. I love the aviary setting for quail. They enjoy life a whole lot more when they can be free. Good job!
thumbsup.gif

Also, you can add big brush piles for them to hide under as they would in the wild. Not only to get way from things they think are after them, but hide from each other. That will also add tons of shade for them.
smile.png

Quote:
Thats the next step. My quail are about the size of the one in your hand. I'm raising them to hunt on the farm. I'm tired of shooting clay.

Back
Top Bottom