I Lost 6 Eggs During Lock Down :(

Yoda

Songster
9 Years
Jul 7, 2010
Shady Hills, FL
I had 6 of my eggs in the hatcher, all pipped and when I looked this morning around 8:45am, 3 were doing the "zip" and when I got home they all looked the same as when I left. Tonight I checked and the temp was way down cause the heater was not coming on, but the fan was blowing. I read that the fan is always on. Because the fan was on I thought it was working. The Temp when they went in was 99.9 with 62% humidity. The wire was broken on the heater and my brother fixed it (he's an electrician). Now it is holding the temp. I don't know if I somehow caught the wire on something or if the 5 month old kitten pulled on it from the outside of the box and it broke? Sad it cost me 6 chicks
hit.gif

that sucks that happened to us about a month ago had just put 20 orp eggs into lock down an lost power.went out an bought a generator after that we only lost power for about 4 hours but drop down to around 90deg ended up only hatching i think 4 out of the 20.sorry to here it peas are so hard to hatch as it is without stuff like that happening

I just went downstairs and I caught the kitten chewing the wires. She pulls them out as far as she can through the hole on the side and the bites them. How come she don't get shocked from them, after all they are "live" right?

I had a litter of barn kittens spend the winter in the spare room. Stupid me, I left one of my styrofoam incubators in there. They completely shredded the styrofoam! And I had a battery charger in there, they ate the wires. And chewed the wire off of am indoor/outdoor thermometer, and... I have no idea of why they do these things!

Did you see the post last year on the peachick named Miracle? It was such an amazing story...

Back
Top Bottom