I lost a Roo, can my other still be one? Questions? Venting

lilcountry

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Benson, NC
hit.gif
We went to the beach for the weekend and my bf's roommate was in Texas working and his dog got off his runner and dug a hole into the coop and killed my roo
somad.gif
But now Im wondering if the other chicken of the same variety that I have is a roo also. I was told it looked like a pullet before and it didnt have as large of combs or wattles but I think when I was cleaning the pen this morning it crowed? I have not heard it crow before, but if the other Roo was the dominating Roo would only that one crow? If this makes sense..would all the roos crow or only the big daddy crow? And now that he is gone would the other step up to the plate? And Im also not sure if they are brown leghorn or partridge rock Ive had people respond to both when I posted pics...how can I tell which so I can get another? Thanks
hit.gif

Last edited:
But is it possible that it is a rooster and just wasnt crowing or it is probably a pullet? Ill have to get pics of the one I have left, b/c of course I cant take any more pics of the other one, but It had bigger combs and wattles than my BO pullet but slightly smaller than the one I know was a Roo? So the leghorn is thicker than a rock? It is probably a legorn b/c I can see a teardrop shape possibly Thanks Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom