I lost Mr Grey

StormyMoon

Songster
9 Years
May 1, 2010
Alvarado, TX
Today I came home from the feed store I was so happy I got some good feed for them only to find out 3 of my barred rock chickens hiding under our old truck, Mr Grey our Rooster not very old they only all just got their feathers and had not been out side long was GONE!

No feathers, no nothing just poof disappeared I am so sad and heart broken, I spent so much time with my Barred rocks loving on them and petting them......and poof..
I guess this is the life on the farm but I feel so horrible my baby is gone. I didnt really get attached to the 3 girls cause they was my kids birds but Mr Grey was mine he was growing up so nicely and turned into such a pretty rooster.

My husband dont know yet he wont be home till around 5 Am I am torn between the loss and my need to get another rooster I hate the word replace but I was really counting on him to bring us some more barred rocks.

Any way since most of you seen from day one that I got my babies I thought you would want to know.......my little man is gone.

Oh no!
hit.gif
I'm so sorry!
hugs.gif

hit.gif
hugs.gif
So sorry to hear about your roo. You really do get attached fast. Chicks are so darn cute ya can't help yourself. Maybe he will return, I hope so.

Oh that is so sad.

Gosh its just sickening when you have to experience something like that, so sorry.

I think a different rooster is just what you need, he will be a very lucky boy to have a home with you!

I got what I think 2 new roos today but they just seem so different maybe it was to soon to get them. I am sure I will warm up to them later on.
I didnt sleep all night I sat on my porch till the sun came up and I was hoping maybe he would just appear. He never did. But I know that the way the chickens girls are behaving it is evident something horrible happen. I let them out today they looked at the door peeped out and then ran back in. Every morning they were always at the door waiting to be let out. It was always a race to get out to get the rolly pollys and beetles but not today they hid indoors afraid to come out.

Its so weird how their personalities differ so much...

Back
Top Bottom