I lost silly goose!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Chickafoog, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Chickafoog

Chickafoog Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    Sniff...Sniff...My goose named silly was attacked by a racoon last night. I feel so sorry for him because the racoon had eaten almost all of him....Sniff...We are thinking about getting another goose from Mcmurray though. [​IMG]

2. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    I'm so sorry! Hopefully with the new one or ones, you will be able to figure out how it happened and perhaps prevent a repeat.

3. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Did you put them away at night I lost one goose when they were small to a coon. My DH had built a goose house but it did not have a floor the very first night the coon hit and killed one and injured the other two. Now all my geese have secure houses to go into at night. If you start putting them away when they are young they will go right into the house. I always give mine alittle salad treat and when they see that bowl they make a beeline for the house
    lol Good luck with your new geese (Ihope you plan to get at least two) Micki

4. Chickafoog

Chickafoog Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    We always put Silly in a large pen in the barn.

5. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

If you do decide to get another, make sure you get a friend, too.

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Sorry for your loss!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] You can be sure the coon will be back and probably bring some of it's family and friends.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ooh..i'm sorry!..[​IMG]....and i didnt even think that a 'coon would go after a big goose!..wow!...i guess they have no fear....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by