I LOVE Firefox and all of the cool plugins and addons you can get!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Guitartists, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I have finally gotten around to setting up Firefox on my new computer (old one took a crash on me) and I must say... if you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend it [​IMG]

Comes with built in spell checker... thank goodness! My spelling isn't that bad... but I do hate making simple mistakes [​IMG]

I also got a plug in for Craigslist that updates my chosen categories and keeps them handy to look at with a glance without actually going to the website [​IMG]

I also have one called Morning Coffee.... it allows you to save your favorite sites by each day or every day and then when you click it, it opens all of your sites into tabs for you so you can see them all asap [​IMG] You know the BYC is on mine [​IMG]

There's also a mini map addon that allows you to drag and drop any address and it will pull up a map without leaving the site you are on [​IMG]

Plus there's ones that let you review your history as thumbnails of the pages you have visited.... handy if you do lots of ebaying or craigslisting [​IMG]

And one that automatically loads the next page in the browser at the bottom... so like, when you do a Google search... instead of clicking on that pesky next arrow... you just keep scrolling down! SOOO handy!

And there's one that allows you to hover over links and it will show you a preview without actually going there...

and one that shows you how to videos that relate to your search

Handy handy handy! AND Firefox crashes FAR less than IE AND if it does crash... it saves everything I had open and restores on the nest startup [​IMG] not to mention... if you;re answering a post or a message and you need to go back to read something... when you go forward again whatever you typed is STILL there! I've lost so many unfinished posts with IE [​IMG]

Ok... I'm done now...LOL

Now... if only they had a plugin that would turn all of my ;s into 's LMFAO....... [​IMG] [​IMG] I don;t know WHY I cannot seem to hit the right button [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    My son downloaded Firefox on my computer when other one was SLOW as molasses...
    I like it and I did not know all the features you talk about.. I will check it out..thanks....

3. my son got me hooked on Mozilla Firefox, and I love it [​IMG] marrie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by