I Love Lucy

Lucy was a true classic. Everyone was so focused on her comedic genus that her sense of style and fashion was overlooked. I love her wardrobe selections. She was also beautiful. I think, at one point, she was considered for the part of Scarlet O'Hara in GWTW.

Joni

Umm, yeah.
old.gif

jojo@rolling acres farm :

Lucy was a true classic. Everyone was so focused on her comedic genus that her sense of style and fashion was overlooked. I love her wardrobe selections. She was also beautiful. I think, at one point, she was considered for the part of Scarlet O'Hara in GWTW.

Joni

I remember reading something about this on the anniversary of her birthday a short time ago. It said that she did audition for the part, as did most of the women in Hollywood at the time, but on her way to audition for producer David O. Selznick, she got caught in a rainstorm, was drenched, and had to audition wearing nothing but a long sweater she’d borrowed from Selznick’s assistant.​

Quote:
That episode was just on this weekend. I remember watching it when I was young, but now that I have chickens, it was way funnier. Especially when she acted like a mother hen to get the chicks to follow her out of the kitchen.

They purchased 500 chicks and I was wondering how much chicks were back in the 50's. Even if they were .25 each, that would still be $125.00.

Quote:
Remember the episode where she was trying to get a passport (I think she had lost hers and didn't want to tell Ricky)? She had to have someone verify her identity so she got hold of the doctor who had delivered her and known her as a baby. She was stuck in a trunk for some reason when he showed up at the apartment (can't remember why), and was trying to get him to identify her through a hole in the wood. When he saw her hair, he said something along the lines of "The little Lucy I knew didn't have red hair!", at which point she started shouting "Look at the roots! Look at the roots!" Another one of my favorite episodes!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom