I love my girls and roos

Annie324

Chirping
Jul 19, 2017
I am relatively new to having chickens and I am so sorry I did not have them sooner. They are pets with egg benefits :) I plan to have them for their whole lives (when they stop laying they will just be pets) my chickens are beautiful, smart and funny. I thought I bought 8 Barred Plymouth Rock pullets about 1 1/2 years ago. (2 turned out to be roosters I named them Rosie and Posy when they where tiny and I still had hope they were girls :) ) I have come to this site with all kinds of questions and have found it to be very helpful. My little flock is very healthy I have never had to medicate them and no injuries so far. We also have 2 Peking ducks, 4 dogs, a ferret, a rabbit, and 3 cats :) Very Happy life !!!

Last edited:
Welcome to Backyard Chickens Annie!:welcome We are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Do former Rosy and Posy get along well? Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens Annie!:welcome We are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Do former Rosy and Posy get along well? Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!
Thank you so much :) Yes Rosie and Posy (we kept their names) get along very well together. I think they have pair bonded and they are pretty friendly overall (with me at least :) ) I can hand feed and pet them

Thank you so much :) Yes Rosie and Posy (we kept their names) get along very well together. I think they have pair bonded and they are pretty friendly overall (with me at least :) ) I can hand feed and pet them
You are lucky to own two roosters that get along. If you don't mind me asking.. what breed are they both?

Back
Top Bottom