I LOVE our new coop.........

smeek1

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 7, 2011
my 4 gals ( two buffs, one ancona and one gold laced wyandotte) moved in about a month ago. they are now about 3 months old and loving their new coop! I am very happy with the design. Easy to clean! I also built a day tractor for them for some time on the grass. Thank you to all the great BYC members for the superb insights on chicken raising!
smile.png

I love your new coop, too! You should be very proud of it!

What type of wire did you use for the enclosure--it looks smaller than a 1x2 and larger than harware cloth?

And in case you haven't been welcomed yet
welcome-byc.gif

Oh, and you should get started right away on plans to enlarge it because its really hard to just say no to more chicks!
wink.png

Quote:
I just modified my coop run to be a grow out pen for my hatching projects. I moved about 40 chicks into it a week ago and they are loving it! My main flock of 9 hens and a rooster have always free ranged around the property/yard and barn so the run is never used except for going in / out of the hen house to sleep. Now I need to modify the front door that I use as I have to make sure I get out there early enough to let them out. My flock is used to coming and going at will and let me know when I am late playing door man. Once the chicks grow large enough to tell rooster / hen I can start thinning the group and decide who is moving into the egg laying flock and who goes. They are almost all purebreds of different kinds. I was on a roll hatching shipped eggs.
smile.png

Just saying.. before you know it you go from a few to many in a blink of an eye. The coop looks great.

Back
Top Bottom