I made the decision, I'm off to college!

Iowa Roo Mom

Resistance Is Futile
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Keokuk County
I posted a few weeks ago about wanting to go back to college, and that I had applied and gotted accepted to a wonderful four year school (for my bachelor's of science in nursing) Well, the only problem was that it was going to cost $21,000 a year. Well, I filled out the financial aid forms and finally got my "awards letter" from the college last week. I was a bit discouraged at first because the perliminary estimated stuff showed I wouldn't get a PELL grant- and I didn't. I did, however, get $10,000 from other grants and work study (for the 2009-2010 year) I am so excited! Now I am just asking myself all kinds of questions- am I smart enough? Can I really do this? I graduated HS over 7 years ago!
th.gif
I bet I'll have an ulcer before August! Anyways, I just wanted to share! I've prayed about this for months, and God truly does answer our prayers!
yippiechickie.gif

Yes, you can do this! Congratulations on your decision and getting the grant money. It will be tough, but you can do it. Way to go!

I just started classes for the same thing! Well, I am going one step further and going for my CNPA(certified nurse practicioner anesthetist). I just started and was behind because I couldn't get the financials fixed in time, still doing great. You can do it, I've been out of HS since '91.......it's like riding a bike
tongue.png

"Non-traditional"students are the best! I teach at a community college part-time & love to see grown-up people the first day of class.
Good luck to you!

go for it you can do it!!!

I thought the same thing.

I was told by my highschool teachers years ago..(17 yrs ago) that I was not smart enough to go to colllege.

well I finished my Nursing deg. last year! (top of my class I will add)

Good for you! Of course you can do this!

On a side note, you're never too old to go back to school. My mom and I graduated from the college the same year. Then she went to grad school.

You can do it if you where smart enough to finish school you'll be great in college..My sister is 42 and taking college classes she just got her GED i am soo proud and so is she... Good luck!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom