I managed to hatch a duck? WebCam

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rebelcowboysnb, Oct 8, 2009.

1. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Went to check my Incubator Camera to see if my chicks hatched yet. There a day late. Nope still 4 eggs in the hatching tray. But wait? Something moved in the corner of the cam? Its a webbed foot. [​IMG] But the ducks are not suppose to hatch till Sunday an there in the top of the incubator. Its a 4 foot drop to the hatching tray. [​IMG] So I ran out in the dark an moved those eggs to the hatching tray.

Anyway I hatched my first duck. [​IMG] Even if it does have a concussion. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    He's an active little guy. All I saw was eggs and then it jumped out at me. Cute little ducky. I hope you hatch it some friends.

3. rebelcowboysnb

Thats what he did to me. [​IMG] Took me a minuet to figure out where he came from.

4. rebelcowboysnb

You can see the egg that's trying to hatch on the left. The pip hole is the black spot at the edge of the screen.

5. rebelcowboysnb

I hatched 2 chicks to last night. Moved them an the duck to the brooder.
    Brooder Webcam.
    Because the puppy cam computer is toast I moved that camera in to the brooder. Its a 10 times better camera even tho its a lot older.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by