I Miss My Chickens!!

wbruder17

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Portland, OR
hit.gif
. We have been out of town for a few days with family and I want to go home to my chickens!!
hit.gif

Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one that's a little "off"
gig.gif
.. My DW and I are planning our honey moon, after 7 months of mariage hehehehe don't ask, and my 1st concern was about the girls!!! Who is going to spoil them daily
hu.gif

We have an excellent house sitter who stays there, as we also have 3 dogs (which I oddly don't miss as much as the chickens) and he is wonderful. He makes sure they get their cabbage tetherball, their daily bucket of 6 grain scratch and he turns the heat lamp on at night and off during the day for my chicks. I'm sure he plays with them as well.... I trained him myself! (The house-sitter) So knowing they are well cared for is great...but I feel like a junkie without my "fix" when I can't have my chicken time!

Oh how lucky you are....my house sitter, my sis in law moved to Seattle and my brother in law doesn't like pets very much so he feeds my zoo but not much else....so I'm looking for options since we want to be away for 3 weeks.....we shall see!

Been gone about ten days. Totally going through chicken withdrawal! And they are laying their first. eggs ever without me!
hit.gif

My chicken sitter takes photos of my hens when she goes to visit and texts them to me. Usually with funny captions. Like "Really, mom gives us all the meal worms we want. You should go back and get us more, please!"

It's the only thing that let's me enjoy my vacation. Otherwise, I just worry about my girls.

Back
Top Bottom