1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I Miss My Chickens!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by wbruder17, Dec 28, 2011.

1. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    [​IMG]. We have been out of town for a few days with family and I want to go home to my chickens!! [​IMG]

2. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    Same here when I travel, we all just love are chickens too much here at BYC!!!

3. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one that's a little "off" [​IMG] .. My DW and I are planning our honey moon, after 7 months of mariage hehehehe don't ask, and my 1st concern was about the girls!!! Who is going to spoil them daily [​IMG] .....

4. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    We have an excellent house sitter who stays there, as we also have 3 dogs (which I oddly don't miss as much as the chickens) and he is wonderful. He makes sure they get their cabbage tetherball, their daily bucket of 6 grain scratch and he turns the heat lamp on at night and off during the day for my chicks. I'm sure he plays with them as well.... I trained him myself! (The house-sitter) So knowing they are well cared for is great...but I feel like a junkie without my "fix" when I can't have my chicken time!

5. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Oh how lucky you are....my house sitter, my sis in law moved to Seattle and my brother in law doesn't like pets very much so he feeds my zoo but not much else....so I'm looking for options since we want to be away for 3 weeks.....we shall see!

6. ladychicken&Ducklover

ladychicken&Ducklover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    Quote:Wouldn't ya just love to bring them ALL with y'all ? [​IMG]

But , hey , I totally understand ! [​IMG]

7. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    I miss my chickens everyday while im at school!

8. egglicious

egglicious Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Been gone about ten days. Totally going through chicken withdrawal! And they are laying their first. eggs ever without me!
    [​IMG]

9. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    I know! The perso who looks after my chickens yells at them -_-

10. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    My chicken sitter takes photos of my hens when she goes to visit and texts them to me. Usually with funny captions. Like "Really, mom gives us all the meal worms we want. You should go back and get us more, please!"

It's the only thing that let's me enjoy my vacation. Otherwise, I just worry about my girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by