I must have more than just one laying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Since I got 3 eggs today.

I know Natalie our BA is laying, have caught her in the act. [​IMG]
    I suspect that Olivia, one of our BO's is laying, since she is doing the "squat"[​IMG]

Audrey(BO) has just started to squat.
    Mae has very little comb and wattle. Yet she is the largest of the 3 BO's
    And then there is Vivian, our black Cochin. From what I gather she would be among the last to lay because of her breed.

So, until I catch someone else laying I guess I wont know for sure. Unless someone(Natalie) is giving me two eggs every other day?
    Do I have three that are laying?
    They are all the same age. Well Natalie is a week younger than the BO's

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  2. Gardeninggranny

Gardeninggranny Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2008
    Yep if you got 3 eggs in one day and didn't miss one the day before you have 3 hens laying. It takes 25 hours to make an egg so it would be very difficult to get 2 from one hen in a day.

3. Fresh Eggs

Fresh Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    When I was little, we had a golden comet hen run into our yard. We named her Goldie and kept her for a few days in our plastic 4x5 playhouse. The next morning, she layed about 4 eggs in 20 minutes!!

Anything is possible,

Fresh Eggs

4. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

If they are new layers their little systems may be sending out early eggs I suppose. But even then I'd think only two in a day maybe. My uneducated guess is that you have three layers. [​IMG] Enjoy

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    no matter what, yeah eggs! pretty, yummy eggs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by