I must have new breeds of Chickens.

Baralak

Songster
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
West "By God" Monroe, La
As the title suggests, I have a new variation of different breeds.. ALL NON EGG LAYING!!!!.. the NON BR, BO, SS, and EE... Lol.. They are 26 weeks.. Started squatting about a week ago. Combs and waddles are all fire engine red!

Sigh... All I want is an egg. (or maybe a few dozen)

LOL
idunno.gif

Frustration is understandable, but... patience, young chicken farmer! Your wait will be rewarded many times over. Unless you have birds with alien DNA. Then I got nothin'!

fl.gif
smack.gif

If they are squatting , and combs and wattles are red your wait is almost over. If not they are also good for dinner lol.

The coop is built, daylength is increasing, the girls are squatting, wattles and combs are bright and healthy---The eggs shall come. Your next post may be: Help wanted over abundance of eggs.
lol.png

I have found that all you have to do is go out to the coop and with a pot or pan and threaten them that if they don't start to lay they will all end up in the pan. I've read it several times here on byc and I have even done it myself and I swear w/in a day or two everyone ended up with eggs. Go ahead and try!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Is it possible you and I have chickens that are distant relatives? Cuz I have 3 different hens that are 38 (yes, THIRTY EIGHT!!!) weeks old, and nary an egg to be seen. Grrrr....

(and, no, there is NO chance they are roo's. i call 'em all Peg Bundy's, cuz all they do is sit around and eat and spend my hubbys' $)
hmm.png

LOL.. Maybe from the same hatchery..
thumbsup.gif
I have a funny picture of one of my girls sitting on top my by BBQ Grill. I told her then that is where she was ending up if she didn't start paying her rent.

I've tried Crushed Red Pepper, Pots (Infact there is a stock pot sitting right next to their coop), I guess I'm going to have to do the naked egg laying dance during the spring solstice.. But I'm afraid that I would be carted off to the loo loo bin.

I think that I'm going to try some singing... Sic' 'em on a chicken.,... comes to mind.

For those that have never heard that song before.. here's the link.

Hahahahaha, funny! My husband had a little chat with my girls and told them all his favorite ways to prepare chicken. Call me crazy but they ALL started laying one at a time each day for that whole week! They have all been laying an egg a day all throught the winter so far. I love my girls
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom