I need a name for my shadow!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Haviris, May 10, 2009.

1. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    And for her sister too!!

So I ended up keeping a kid this year, I almost didn't, but I guess I wasn't strong enough, so now I need a name! And I know what some are thinking, but I don't think I want to name her Shadow. I may be picky, so don't be offended if I don't use your name, I will probably save some of them for future kids!

Her mom's name is Dixieland Delight, her dad's name is Chocolate Chip (although I called him Pie), her name doesn't have to have anything to do w/ either of them, but wanted to mention them in case it gives ideas. And I did consider giving her and/or her sister dessert names (this was the only year I am using him, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to name one of his kids for him, especially since he was nice enough to give me 75% does). I've considered a few other names I like too, but so far nothing has stuck, I'm just kind of keeping a list and waiting for the right one to be obvious! I thought the right name would come to me, but because she follows me everywhere I don't want to wait to long to name her, don't want her to start thinking her name is baby, or doebutt (I call them all doe butt, don't know why).

So here are some pics, and her sister, who also needs a name, is in a few pics w/ her!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With her favorite playmate, who left for her new home today, this is her favorite place, either here or on my lap (where she is now),
    [​IMG]
    And her sister!
    [​IMG]

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Alright, this is gonna sound totally stupid but it is what popped into my head the second I looked at her. CeCe for C(hocolate) C(hip) (cookie). No clue why. PMS about to strike maybe???? LOL

Whatever they end up named, they are soooooooo precious!!!

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    what about Little Piece (piece of Pie)
    and Light Bright

[​IMG]

4. username taken

username taken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Tiramisu

5. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    What about Chocolate Delight for your darker girl? I also like Tiramisu but I would use that for her sister because she has similar coloration as the dessert.

6. ravencreek

ravencreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Benton TN
    Bella and Gabby

7. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I think you should name the darkest one BESSY because she looks like a cow [​IMG]

8. Autumn T

Autumn T Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2008
    Central Texas
    Pickles and Ice cream

9. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Lil pinto.

10. username taken

username taken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    can I change my vote slightly? I'd call the dark girl Truffle (as in chocolate truffle) and the lighter girl Tiramisu

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by