i need a new book or books....any GOOD suggestions??

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by BackyardCountry, Aug 31, 2011.

1. BackyardCountry

BackyardCountry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    My Own Little World....
    right now i'm into books about farming life, so books that have a theme like Charlotte's Web, The Secret Life of Bees, Peeled (a YA book), etc. Memoirs are good as well because i found alot of those. Thanks guys!

2. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    The Black Stallion Series is a GREAT one!

3. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

One of the more interesting books I've read recently is "Farm City" by Novella Carpenter. It's a sometimes funny, always interesting memoir about a gal who moves to inner-city Oakland and turns an abandoned lot into her own mini urban farm. A highly entertaining and very interesting read. [​IMG]

4. RGBistro

RGBistro Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    I recently finished "The Dirty Life" by Kristin Kimball. It's about her first year running a farm in upstate New York. Beautifully written. Lots of stories about cows, horses, and maybe some chickens. And syrup harvesting.... great read, esp. if you're after books about farming life!

- Kim

5. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    I dont read farming type books )': i have many amazing suggestions besides that though.

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Medieval England, Iowa
    it might not be about farming but how about "call of the wild" or "whitefang"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by