I need a practical chickens!

x.__hearts&&roses :

Quote:
What exactly is the Chicken/Animal swap?

Chicken/animal swaps are the best thing since sliced bread! When I used to live in Waverly Iowa they had them twice a year and it was a blast. I always ended up bringing home some unfortunate critter!

The only problem with them though, is they usually start early in the morning, and the few chicks that people dare to bring out will be snapped up in seconds, so be early.

Another great option is to buy some started hens at the swap. You will pay more, but you will KNOW you have hens.

New Adventure's advice is excellent. I would definitely hit TSC and Big R first if I were you. If they force you to buy 6 just give them the puppy dog eyes and a sob story. Hopefully if nothing else another customer will overhear you and split a purchase with you.

Odds are decent they may allow you to buy only 3 though, since your local laws require that.​

Quote:
What exactly is the Chicken/Animal swap?

Chicken/animal swaps are the best thing since sliced bread! When I used to live in Waverly Iowa they had them twice a year and it was a blast. I always ended up bringing home some unfortunate critter!

The only problem with them though, is they usually start early in the morning, and the few chicks that people dare to bring out will be snapped up in seconds, so be early.

Another great option is to buy some started hens at the swap. You will pay more, but you will KNOW you have hens.

New Adventure's advice is excellent. I would definitely hit TSC and Big R first if I were you. If they force you to buy 6 just give them the puppy dog eyes and a sob story. Hopefully if nothing else another customer will overhear you and split a purchase with you.

Odds are decent they may allow you to buy only 3 though, since your local laws require that.

I think I can do the puppy face. Ask my dad, I'm good at it!
Any ways, thanks for the help. I'm really excited to get started! This should be fun!

I have another questions. How cold can the coop get. I know that I'm going to need a heat lamp in the coop with them, but how cold can they get without ruining them? (or killing them)

Back
Top Bottom