I need advice, suggestions, and Help

image.jpeg

It's a good feeling. I remember of course the first egg I ever got was from my Australorp Carmen. She laid this first egg in a secluded corner outside the coop and the most surprising thing was she made a little circle of twigs and the egg was right in the middle like a nest!:D

I'm so relieved! I was afraid they couldn't lay eggs due to lack of sunlight. Now I'm hoping the rest of my girls will start laying too.
I meant to tell you - don't confuse daylight with direct sun. Chickens enjoy shaded areas where cover is available to them. What they need to lay is a certain hours of daylight not direct sun.

It's a good feeling. I remember of course the first egg I ever got was from my Australorp Carmen. She laid this first egg in a secluded corner outside the coop and the most surprising thing was she made a little circle of twigs and the egg was right in the middle like a nest!:D
Oh my god that's so cute! I looked for eggs today, but I didn't see anything. I then proceeded to clean the coop and when I pulled out the hay I heard a thump. I looked down and it rolled out of the hay. I was shocked! So I yelled I finally got an egg! Ran in the house yelled for my dad, he came running into the kitchen and I showed the egg. I don't think my feet were touching the floor. LOL : )

Back
Top Bottom