I Need Advice.

FarmFam6

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2016
Virginia
Hi my name is Jakob, I'm 13 and my parents let me own the chickens. I just got an incubator and I've done one batch already. It didn't turn out so well, i got eight chicks out of about 20, I know I didn't do much right at all from what I've seen on BYC before I signed in. That's why I signed in, I want to get advice from professionals. I'm going to try another batch and I want your advice so i don't have to go through that again. Here's what I think I did wrong: I put them in when they were laid at totally different days, I didn't stop turning them until they were laid (I have an egg turner but i didn't use it do to the fact that they were laid at different days), I opened it regularly when they were hatching, And I didn't exactly know what the humidity level was so I just put water in it when it went bellow 45%. Please do not judge me for all the mistakes I have made, I've just started and I only looked on BYC when the 3rd chick died and I figured out all the mistakes I have made. Thank You.

Jakob, go to the 'Incubating w/FRIENDS' thread. Sally Sunshine and the crew there will steer you straight. Tell Sally that Sourland sent you.

Back
Top Bottom