I need advise on an Embroidery Machine!!!

I have the Brother SE 2700 that does the Disney characters. It sews really well, but I have had some problems with the embroidering. It is self threading, but that doesn't always work. I have to take the thread holder out several times and reinsert it to get the thread to come out. The patterns are very limited. I checked the Brother web site and they have other cards with other designs, but finding an authorized Brother dealer in my area that carries them has been difficult. You can't order them from the website. The designs are rather small, but the hoop isn't very big. The bolt that tightens for my hoop stripped out. I had to go to the hardware store and get a new one. Quite often my designs don't work correctly and I ruin the cloth that I am trying to embroider on. Maybe I just don't know how to operate it well enough. Hope that helps.

I have an Viking, Designer 1. It was a demo at the dealer that saved me a ton. It came out a few years ago but since the new ones have came out the price has come down significantly. It uses a 3.5" floppy disk but thats okay because my computer has a drive for it. Having no limitations on what I am wanting to do with my embroidery machine is to die for so I have the software. You will want the software even if it is even later down the road.

My love is for Viking, next would be a Bernena, the most economical one would be a Brother (sews great). Depends on how much you can afford. Do your homework!!

Back
Top Bottom