I Need Coop Ideas!!!

madamwlf

Nevermore Acres
9 Years
Aug 22, 2010
Mount Airy, MD
Here is my story and I'm sure it's a bit familiar.
smile.png

My flock grew quicker then I planned for it to. I have 17 chickens: 11 standards and 6 bantams, of which 4 are roosters!! Yes, I have 4 roosters running around. I have a 4'x6' chicken coop that we bought and a much smaller one we made. The lil coop will have to be shut down for the winter. It's not big enough or winterized at all. There is no way I can force 4 roosters to behave in one coop all winter nor can I force 17 chickens to behave in one coop. So, I need another coop.

I don't want to buy another one. Costs too darn much. I'd have my husband build me one but he's in the military and I'm lucky if he is home 25% of the year. I'm no good at all building stuff. So I need some ideas on what to use as a coop. I'm trolling CL big time but this coop needs to be in place before it starts getting cold.

I was thinking a metal shed but how can I get some light inside. I can't put windows in it. I was even thinking of maybe a plastic/Rubbermaid shed. Anyone using these for sheds???? Any other ideas??? I plan to put it on a platform since I don't want it to take up run space and the space underneath would be good for shade.

Help please!!!!!

Dog kennel run and an old playhouse...somebody threw out
36033_dsc_0603.jpg

36033_dsc_0794.jpg

36033_minicoop.jpg

added this behind the main coop later .....And you can see we have alot more privacy fence in the back ground to make more!

36033_dsc_0752.jpg

36033_perches.jpg

Main coop, all done out of privacy fence we went around town picking up in the streets after Hurricane Ike hit us, we also used an old dog kennel we had and not using, chicken wire over top

and we use old branches in the yard, and they love them!
36033_roost.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom