I need eggs soon please help!

FernbergFarms

Songster
Apr 20, 2019
Northern Minnesota
Hello! So I have 6Kkaki Campbell’s and my hens aren’t laying right now because it’s winter. But that’s a problem for me because there is a swap/sell/buy for farm animals and I would like to sell ducklings. The event is in April and if I get 2 different batches in by April I’d have to put them in soon like February. But my hens aren’t laying eggs. How can I get my hens to lay eggs? They have a heat lamp which is on when it’s cold, they have light all the time (during the day) they always have food and water and they are happy ducks. They are almost 1 yrs old. I really need them to start laying eggs so if you have any tricks you do with your ducks I’d love to here them.:)
Thanks! Alli💛🦆
(Hope this wasn’t confusing)
(I just think if it cold and that’s why she isn’t laying eggs)

This breed lays by 5-7 months usually but maybe because it is winter when near maturity they will lay later.

where are you located
I have 5 kaki campbells and 2 are female and they just started laying in the early fall last year and im still getting eggs almost everyday. Yours could possibly wait until spring. But once they start you will have more eggs than you know what to do with lol

Back
Top Bottom