I need fertile eggs for my chicken who started sitting on unfertile eggs.

Aneera

Hatching
May 28, 2020
hello okies,
Does anyone near Edmond Oklahoma have Fertile eggs for sale. I need it urgently. My chicken already started sitting on unfertile eggs. I feel sorry for her. She so needs to have her babies

hello okies,
Does anyone near Edmond Oklahoma have Fertile eggs for sale. I need it urgently. My chicken already started sitting on unfertile eggs. I feel sorry for her. She so needs to have her babies
I can pick in person within a day or 2

Facebook too (if you have it) search for pages like Oklahoma chicken swap or something along those lines. We have one here in my part of Kansas that’s quite active. Good luck

My broody hen had already been sitting on a ceramic egg for about 2 weeks when the shipped fertile eggs finally arrived. She kept sitting for the additional 21 days and hatched the chicks! Of course by then 2 more coop mates joined the broody group, all 3 hens taking care of the eggs and then the chicks. I didn't know they'd do that! Chicks are now 6 weeks old and everyone's happy. Especially me. So cute

My broody hen had already been sitting on a ceramic egg for about 2 weeks when the shipped fertile eggs finally arrived. She kept sitting for the additional 21 days and hatched the chicks! Of course by then 2 more coop mates joined the broody group, all 3 hens taking care of the eggs and then the chicks. I didn't know they'd do that! Chicks are now 6 weeks old and everyone's happy. Especially me. So cute
Hahaa..
This is so.cool. love your coop story.
I've ordered mine. My broody chicken is actually laying eggs too. Isn't this wierd.

My broodies usually lay for the first couple of days of broodiness and then stop. Your other hens could be laying in her nest when you’re not looking, too.
What kind did you get? Babies are always exciting.

My broodies usually lay for the first couple of days of broodiness and then stop. Your other hens could be laying in her nest when you’re not looking, too.
What kind did you get? Babies are always exciting.
I got 6 Porcelain D'uccle eggs off of Ebay (but they sent 7). 2 were non-fertile, 1 quit about day 7, 4 went full term but one of those died partially hatched. So, I ended up with 3 healthy chicks...looks like 2 girls & 1 boy to me. The hens are a Buff Orpington, a Silkie and a Pyncheon bantam, all really good mothers. I also have 1 Barnevelder but she's not interested in being broody or the babies and not the best layer yet, only about 3 eggs a week; sometimes goes 6 days without laying. Oh well, she's young - 10 months.

Back
Top Bottom