I need help choosing... Coronation Sussex or Silkies?

It will be high for a while but wait in a few years, they will come down when the numbers are increasing. It is that way for the Cuckoo Marans for awhile and then the prices started to drop.

It is like a fad, it comes and goes. Remember the BLRW? They came and went. Welsummers? They came and went. Blue and Black Orpingtons, they are holding ok but they will be drop a little bit. The strongest is the Lavender colors right now of any breed.

If you can figure your math in the prices of the Coronation pair will fetch when you sell eggs or chicks, I would imagine the pair will pay itself within the year or two. That is not for the labor, feed, equipments, incubation, etc. just the eggs and chicks.

Quote:
4-6 week old Coronation Recessive Sussex pair you can get for $200.00 that includes shipping.

4-6 week old Coronation Sussex pair you can get for $550.00

or you can get 6 day old Coronation Sussex for $750.00

Of course I had to go with the Recessive because I don't have $550.00 to spend with Christmas coming up and my washer tore up so I am having to buy a new one.
he.gif
If it hadn't of been for the washer I would have bought the Coronation Sussex and not the Recessive. So, now I will only get about 25% Coronation. But, it's a start.

Quote:
I have seen your auction and trust me, I am spring cleaning right now and just searching for something good to sell so I can bid on them before the auction closes............

We are dealing with the lavender gene from the Australian line of Coronations. The term split being a lay term for recessive.

cammy - Good luck on the auction, if you decide to bid.

fattie - You can email: [email protected] with any questions.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom