I NEED HELP FAST

thats just a pic i got online of the same type of chicken
mine dont hatch until the 25th

duc.gif
IM SO EXCITED
ya.gif

wee.gif

I don't touch my humidity until lock down. Usually it's between 20 & 30 percent. During lock down I try to keep it between 50 & 60 percent. My hatch rate is around 85%

I have my second round of eggs in the bator and doing the dry method. My humidity is at 12 right now. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

Lockdown is the last three days of incubation, starting on day 18, where you stop all turning, raise the humidity, and "lockdown" the incubator by not opening it at all.

Good luck with your chicks. I am set to hatch on the 26th and am anxious about the humidity. I know my temps are right because my last hatch came on the 21st day, but I only got one chick of the three that pipped and all the rest died inside the shell with the egg sac absorbed so I'm guessing maybe I was too low? Hard to tell because everything I've read said it could be because of low humidity and could be because of high humidity. I did open the bator about four hours after my first one hatched because I didn't have the right kind of floor in and it was getting very weak from trying to stand up so I'm sure that killed things off. I'm doing it a little different for this hatch, but I didn't change things until day 15 so I'm not sure that was soon enough to have much effect. I guess I will find out in three days from today.

I'm assuming with a heat lamp (not 100% on this because I have never tried using a heat lamp to incubate) you would do the same as with any incubation process. Don't turn the eggs from day 18 to hatch, keep humidity in the 70 range, and sit on your hands so you're not tempted to open the lid
big_smile.png
. That is if you have a lid of some form to keep the humidity to where it needs to be.

wholewheatchicken; good luck on your hatch! Please update us on how things go.

Back
Top Bottom