1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need help for my 1st hatch!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by robnms, Oct 24, 2010.

1. robnms

robnms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Gulf Coast MS
    I bought some eggs and I'm waiting for the hova bator to get here, I should've bought the bator 1st but it was a last minute thing. Should I store the eggs waiting to go in the bator in a certain way, I thought I read somewhere on here how to store them but don't remember and can't find the info.

I'll probably be here for more info as I go, this is my first hatch and they're Coronation/Sussex eggs and I'd hate to mess it up. I bought the Hova Bator with the turner but it's not forced air, should I install a fan or will it work with good results the way it is? Thanks for the help in advance, this forum is great and I've learned so much since I found it. Please advise if anyone has any tips to make this hatch Hatch!!!!

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Store your eggs pointy end down in an egg carton on a shelf or somewhere like that. I tilt mine twice a day. Just put something under one side of the carton and then move it to the other side. I only store mine like this up to a maximum of 7 days before they go into the incubator. Any longer and the chances of them hatching drops off.

3. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
  4. robnms

robnms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Gulf Coast MS
    Thanks for posting the link, that should help out and I'll be back if I get stumped.

5. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Come back even if you don't get stumped! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by