I need help identifying breeds on these three roosters please!

Sep 20, 2021
6 months ago we bought three chicks from a Tractor Supply bin labeled Asian Blacks. All three turned out to be Roosters and not one is like the other. They are all beautiful and grew huge in comparison to our other birds, each weighing roughly 9 pounds. We are trying to figure out what they are exactly because we would love to order more next spring if we can figure it out.
They all have single combs and are all pretty mild and friendly. But that’s all they have in common. One has yellow legs, one has greyish colored legs and the third is almost a pale pinkish colored legs.
Thank you in advance for getting through my long winded explanation and in advance for any advice given!
949CFA04-B31B-4FDD-8EA4-62F1413B36DF.jpeg
65A5CE84-7E15-46A6-9429-63F5AFB0B5AF.jpeg
A9AB8E49-50EF-4CA6-ADFB-AC3828925C9B.jpeg

I totally spaced that, yes 2 out of three have 5 toes! The black and grey speckled is the only one with 4 toes.
Oh wow - he's got 5 toes.

@Rhodebar Lover its time to play "What hatchery mixed breed is this?!" He has white skin and 5 toes. Though Rustic Rambler or something containing Silkie somewhere in it's background. The white skin is throwing me.

I totally spaced that, yes 2 out of three have 5 toes! The black and grey speckled is the only one with 4 toes.
Oh I see the first one now. I can't remember if Asian Blacks can have 5 toes. I want to say no.

Okay so with the new info... The second one is definitely an Asian Black. I feel the other two are a different type of hatchery mix. Rhodebar is usually good at keeping up with those. Hopefully she'll be here soon to chime in.

Oh I see the first one now. I can't remember if Asian Blacks can have 5 toes. I want to say no.

Okay so with the new info... The second one is definitely an Asian Black. I feel the other two are a different type of hatchery mix. Rhodebar is usually good at keeping up with those. Hopefully she'll be here soon to chime in.
I beileve asain blacks do have 5 toes , : } i think some dont, but the majority does

Oh wow - he's got 5 toes.

@Rhodebar Lover its time to play "What hatchery mixed breed is this?!" He has white skin and 5 toes. Thought Rustic Rambler or something containing Silkie somewhere in it's background. The white skin is throwing me.
I'm going to assume they're Asian Blacks. I'm not sure what exactly went into the mix to make them "Asian" but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Silkie in it! I wouldn't expect three Southern Rambler or Mystic Onyx to have such light skin. Either way, definitely a hatchery mix :)

Back
Top Bottom