I need help identifying the breeds of a Rooster & a Pellet....Help please!!

BluePastelBird

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 26, 2013
Louisiana
Hello everyone! I would love to know if anyone could help me identify these 2? Rocky is our rooster and Blue is the little red pellet. In the photo with Blue, is a black hen that I believe is a Muran. Not sure on that one either. Any help would be soooooo much appreciated!!

And this is Rocky

Rocky is also having a problem with the feathers on his neck. I am very new with owning chickens and can get a little concerned. So, any help would be greatly appreciated

Blue is an EE, how old? The black is not a marans as marans have single combs and this one doesn't. Rocky also looks like an EE, his feather issue could be due to fighting, mites/lice, a feather pecker, or a molt

The (pellet) pullet looks like a rosecobed black sex link. Did you get them from a breeder or hatchery? Most BSL have a single somb but depending on he cross to make them it is possible to get rosecombs.

Well, I finally caught one of the hens ripping at Rocky's neck and pulling out his feathers. She has actually cut him. Silly rooster sits and puts up with it. I'm shocked cause he usually won't allow silliness from the girls.
D.gif
Any ideas on how to stop her from defrocking him?

Back
Top Bottom