I need help ...I'm a new member with a question

kimmartin74

Hatching
Apr 19, 2017
I have three ducklings one is about 10 days to 2 weeks old and lost his companion duck I just bought two 2 day olds can I put them together

Greetings from Kansas, kimmartin74, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! My best advice would be to post in the Ducks Forum here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks The folks there really know their quackers and should be able to advise you about mingling your ducks. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!
wee.gif

I've never had ducks. Chickens maybe.

But the quick answer is to try it, see how everyone interacts.
Is a two week duck much bigger than a new duck?

Just try it and see. Post the results back here if you don't mind.

Spook

Hi and welcome to BYC - I'm sure the duck peeps will be able to advise. Never kept ducks, so I cannot offer any input.

Best wishes
CT

G’Day from down under kimmartin74
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice and a link to the Duck Forum, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Ducks grow really fast so I imagine your older duckling is a lot bigger than one a day or two old. Either it will welcome infant ducklings with open wings, or peck the daylights out of them. By all means ask the duck folks what you should do.

Back
Top Bottom