I need help please..... dog attack ...update: She didn't make it!

hit.gif
Thanks everybody
hugs.gif
I have 1 lonely chick that was her "boyfriend". He was pitiful when I was outside with him today. I know he kept looking for her. I guess he decided that he would become friends with the ducks....poor baby.

Last edited:
Quote:
Morning Lori!! I think he will be fine. He may be just a little spoiled though. He spent the night inside the last 2 nights....hehe

Quote:
Morning Lori!! I think he will be fine. He may be just a little spoiled though. He spent the night inside the last 2 nights....hehe

YOU?!? Spoil a critter??
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

My babies WISH they were as spoiled as yours....

Last edited:
Quote:
hide.gif
no of course they're not spoiled. They come when I call because they love me, not because I bribed them with bread the first year of their lives...
hide.gif

Actually, TN has a cyst-like growth over the eye that bore the brunt of the dog attack last fall. So I'm going to become a chicken surgeon to see if I can remove it and get him prettied back up in time for the fall poultry shows.
I need to do it, I want it done, but I keep putting it off. The idea of cutting into him scares the poo out of me. But the thought of losing that fertile, dear little roo scares me more. He is sooooo pretty! And so very VERY full of himself!

When I first started with doing the chicken thing, my dogs, Sassy and Luna, killed five 3 month old hens and 2 guineas. We were devastated but we started over only this time we went with full grown chickens. For about 3 months I would allow the dogs out onto the porch where they were confined. They could see the chickens, watch the chickens but not get the chickens. One day, Luna was accidentally let off the porch and the chickens out. No problem but for about a month we kept a very close eye on everybody when they were out together. We have had problems with Luna going after chicks but finally came to realize that was because Luna is a toy girl, she likes her stuffed animals with squeaky things inside of them. We realize the squeaky toys sounded a lot like baby chicks. Now when picking out dog toys I check the sound carefully.

Were my dogs punished? Yes. Were they beat? No. But with patience and training everyone can live together in peace.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Quote:
That's encouraging to hear a success story where a dog has killed a chick (or several) and been able to be trained to live in peace in the future. Thanks for sharing that!

Quote:

you!? spoil an animal {(much less a chicken!)}!??!?
th.gif
ep.gif

ahhh hahahaha.
jk momma, ily!
gig.gif
lau.gif

for those of you who are wonderin this woman spoiles anything with a heart-beat
idunno.gif
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom