I need help real bad.Model 1502 Bator

hairco

Songster
7 Years
Jan 7, 2013
A friend gave me this Bator and i think it has a electronic switch and the waffer thing also and i have been turning the Waffel Thermostat and i was wondering which one i should use i think i have both on and i never hear it cut of. So please tell me what to do.U can look in my pictures and u will see my bator and all it has on it.Thanks

A friend gave me this Bator and i think it has a electronic switch and the waffer thing also and i have been turning the Waffel Thermostat and i was wondering which one i should use i think i have both on and i never hear it cut of. So please tell me what to do.U can look in my pictures and u will see my bator and all it has on it.Thanks

First thing that I would do is set your GQF incubator up in a draft free, and heat neutral area, one that has a stable relative humidity and operate it for at least 98 hours just to see if the temperature and humidity remains stable. Home incubation is like the real estate business, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. The above means away your incubator away from the washer, drier, refrigerator, air conditioner, stove, deep freezer, hot water heater, bright lighting, windows, furnace, heat pump, or any other appliance.

Don't neglect to keep the water tray or reservoir filled on this test run. An extra or backup thermostat wafer is a good investment incase everything goes South all at once. But you can probably skip the backup if your just getting started. Also be sure that the automatic egg turning feature is working correctly. I hope you have some trays to hold your eggs and be sure that the bottom hatching tray is there,before you incubate any eggs or hatch any chicks. In any case, a good cleaning and DISINFECTION is in order. Also NEVER put your incubator away dirty, and it's a good idea to find someway to candle the eggs without handling ever egg. Bad eggs exploding during incubation is never a good thing so learn how to candle those eggs.

I got some grief awhile back when I advised against excessive egg handling or manipulation during incubation, I don't care what others may say, keep those grub hooks off your setting eggs as much as you can, only 2 - 3 times before lockdown is enough or maybe even too much handling. You likely remember the jetliner that ran into a flock of geese and crashed into the Hudson River, well NYC is addling Canadian Goose eggs to control the goose population. They spray the eggs with cooking oil to suffocate the goose fetus. If a little dab of Wesson oil will kill a Canadian Goose or Mute Sawn fetus, then what makes you think that the body oil on your hands is good for developing hen eggs?

Last edited:
I have been running my bator for 2 weeks and every thing is good so for but befor I got it right I had turn the Waffel Thermostat and the electronic Thermostate and I wanted to know if I need both on or do I have both on and if so how do I turn one of them off or does the Waffel comes on I. A emerg

Back
Top Bottom