i need help to identify my rooster?

LOONEY12

In the Brooder
Oct 4, 2023
Hi all im new here to the site and the hobby. Quick story i was gifted two chicks from a coworker that thought they were both going to be hens but 1 ended up being a rooster and is now about 4 to 5 months old. I need help to identify him if anyone can help id apreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4716.jpeg
    IMG_4716.jpeg
    786.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4741.jpeg
    IMG_4741.jpeg
    569.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4739.jpeg
    IMG_4739.jpeg
    588.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4744.jpeg
    IMG_4744.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 20
would any of you be able to tell what hes mixed with i would like to get another hen of the same breed?
There are too many Gamefowl breeds that look the same due to purpose focused breeding. He could be a Kelso cross, Roundhead mix, etc. You could pair it with basically any gamefowl hen, and IDK how it is by you, But a gamefowl hens are generally about $50-$100 depending on breed in Mississippi

Gamefowl mix. We cannot tell you what he is mixed with because there are too many gamefowl breeds that look almost exactly the same. Also, he is a stag, not a rooster.

Rooster - An adult male chicken that is at least a year old.
Cockerel - An immature male chicken that is less than a year old.
Hen - An adult female chicken that is at least a year old.
Pullet - An immature female chicken that is less than a year old.
Bullstag - An adult male chicken of a gamefowl breed that is at least a year old.
Stag - An immature male chicken of a gamefowl breed that is less than a year old.

Back
Top Bottom