I need help with my chicken she wont open her eyes and is opening her beak to breathe!!

Nenethechicken

Hatching
Oct 21, 2021
I'm not sure what breed chicken I have but she is no older than maybe 6 months. She loves running around outside, it's part of her routine but today she got attacked by crows and lost a few feathers on her back but has no injuries that can be seen. She was shaken up at first when she came running into the house and his between our couches and was calm when picking her up and even seemed to forget about the situation after an hour or so because she was walking around and desperately wanted to go outside again but it's been about 5 hours now (her bed time) and she's awake but she won't open her eyes or open her beak and instead of being on her stick she's on the ground and I'm not sure what to do please help!!:((
She's never in her cage during the day, she's always running around outside. We planned on throwing the cage out since she's gotten bigger but we noticed every time she's tired of running around and wants to go to sleep she starts yelling for us to open her cage for her and once we do, she goes inside and falls asleep on the stick we put for her in there. We've gotten her a bigger place to sleep but she refuses to leave her cage so we've kept it there for her to use when she wants.

Attachments

• 20211021_200903.jpg
    20211021_200903.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20211021_200916.jpg
    20211021_200916.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20211021_200908.jpg
    20211021_200908.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sounds like maybe an internal injury, there’s many things that could have happened. I’m not an expert but at least this will get you to the top of latest posts. Hope she’s alright. :hugs
Thank you so much I really appreciate it❤. She seems okay now. She's walking around the house and drinking water with her eyes open finally

Back
Top Bottom