I need help with my Easter Egger!

Hgarner155

Hatching
May 27, 2020
We aren’t allowed to have roosters where I live and just purchased 5 Easter Eggers. I wanted to know if pullets get their tails in sooner than cockerels, thanks.

EE are a mixed breed, so you can’t feather sex them in any way.

how old are they?
Some of them are close to a week and a half and a few others are close to 7 days. Thanks for letting me know they were unable to be sexed by their feathers that helps a lot!

Around 6-8 weeks post pics of the birds, from the side while they are standing. Make sure comb and wattles can be seen. By 12 weeks, male saddle feathers will begin to show up, if they are male.

good thing is that crowing usually does not start until around 14 weeks. And, in my experience, EE roosters aren’t usually young crowers, so that is good for you.

enjoy your chicks!

Around 6-8 weeks post pics of the birds, from the side while they are standing. Make sure comb and wattles can be seen. By 12 weeks, male saddle feathers will begin to show up, if they are male.

good thing is that crowing usually does not start until around 14 weeks. And, in my experience, EE roosters aren’t usually young crowers, so that is good for you.

enjoy your chicks!
Thanks so much for your help I really appreciate it!

enjoy your chicks!
?? My cockerel started crowing at 9 weeks??

Back
Top Bottom