I NEED HELP WITH THIS

NatashaRodriguez

Chirping
Jun 22, 2017
Puerto Rico
So my chick is only a week old. He doesn't have any siblings because the chicken killed them so I only have one. He has food and water all the time but he won't stop "beeping". I pick him up all the time because that's the only time he stops. But i can't have him every second of the day on me. Is it normal for him to be making so much noise or should i be worried?

So my chick is only a week old. He doesn't have any siblings because the chicken killed them so I only have one. He has food and water all the time but he won't stop "beeping". I pick him up all the time because that's the only time he stops. But i can't have him every second of the day on me. Is it normal for him to be making so much noise or should i be worried?
Your chick is cheeping probably because he is lonely. Is he with the chicken, or by himself? If by himself, he is under a heat lamp, correct?

Sometimes they'll cheep alot if cold, but he's probably lonely. If you could get another chick to put in with him that might solve the problem. If not, see if you can pick up a feather duster and hang it in a corner of his brooder box so the bottom of the feathers touch the floor. I've done this many times with fussy chicks and they go right in under "momma" and settle down. Hope it helps.

Sometimes they'll cheep alot if cold, but he's probably lonely. If you could get another chick to put in with him that might solve the problem. If not, see if you can pick up a feather duster and hang it in a corner of his brooder box so the bottom of the feathers touch the floor. I've done this many times with fussy chicks and they go right in under "momma" and settle down. Hope it helps.
Thank you I'll look into that

What are you using for a heat source? What is the temp at the warm and at the cold end of your brooder? You could give him a small stuffed animal, and a mirror. Best solution would be to go on your state thread and see if you can find a flock mate for him that would be the same age, or within a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom