I need help

Gio0203

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2020
My chicken egg has been in room temperature for 3 hours, so I’ll be putting him in the incubator in 9 more hours, should I keep the incubator on while I’m waiting for 9 hours, and if I should, should I add some water in it so it can stay humid inside. The reason why I still don’t have it on is because my room isn’t as warm as the incubator so if I put it in the incubator, the temperature will change dramatically. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

I'm not sure what you are asking about the times, but it's a good idea to warm up the incubator before you put in eggs. When you first set eggs you need the humidity low. Do not add water until a few days before hatching. How much surface area of water is determined by your humidity.

I'm not sure what you are asking about the times, but it's a good idea to warm up the incubator before you put in eggs. When you first set eggs you need the humidity low. Do not add water until a few days before hatching. How much surface area of water is determined by your humidity.
Do not add water until a few days before hatching? Thought you were supposed to add water when you put the egg in it, and than don’t put water in it 3 days before hatching

Sorry, that this is confusing. Where are you finding information on how to incubate? There are several different styles, but your temperature and humidity need to be your focus.

Sorry, that this is confusing. Where are you finding information on how to incubate? There are several different styles, but your temperature and humidity need to be your focus.
it is okay🙏 I’ve been doing research, it said that I have to add more water Everytime the humidity level drops, from day 1 to 17 and than day 18 I should add 70% water to it, after that I cant touch the egg since it’ll be on lock down.

Do not keep your humidity at 70%.
Where did your egg come from?

What incubator do you have?
Do you have at least one separately purchased thermometer and a separately purchased humidity gauge that's been salt tested?

Back
Top Bottom