i need help!!

Red jungle fowl88

Songster
10 Years
Nov 8, 2009
i need help choosing a good incubator i have a lg forced air but i want 2!
smile.png
i heared there is better one out there. can i get some help as far as recomending a good bator plus a web site please and thank you

I'm a big fan of the Hovabator 1588, I have two of them.
smile.png

The cheapest places I have found on the web are Cutler's Supply and Incubator Warehouse.
Find out the total with shipping to get the true price.
Good luck!
Carolyn

hovabators are very easy to stabilize...we set ours and our LG in the basement because there are no temp fluctuations down there...no windows to let the sun come in and no furnace vents to worry about...also noone bumps them because they are down there.

I'm also new--Hello!

I just purchased the Hova Bator 1588. It's got an electronic thermostat, turbo fan, and I bought the auto egg turner with it. Hatched some quails with it and it worked beautifully! Temp is electronically set, turbo fan keeps the air circulating, and the autmatic egg turner was wonderful, with quail and chicken sized egg holders. Basically, all you have to do is make sure the middle water tray is filled (which I did about every other day), then at the end, fill the complete tray! It's awesome!

You will love it. I bought mine from gqfmfg.com

if you want to hatch a greater amount of eggs I think the GQF Sportsman incubators are AWESOME! great humidity control, turning, great air flow, temp is right on and very adjustable esp if hatching different birds requiring temps more constant. its given us a FAR better result than the little giant. but its a matter of how serious incubating you are doing. Some possiable ideas for cost is to watch local paper and your local craigslist. My buddy picked up a very nice used GQF cabinet Sportsman for about the cost of a Hovabator! always have room for eggs now and can layer eggs on the three shelves plus a bottom hatching unit in the incubator. Another nice feature is getting a 5 gallon bucket for attaching to your humidity pan so you hardly have to add water during incubation and can totally adjust all the features for your hatching.

I have 2 sportsman, a hovabator (forced air) with turner, and a little giant (still air) with turner.
I have had great results with the sportsman and the little giant. This is my first time
with the hovabator and my humidity has been giving me fits.
The sportsman I like for ease of operation and the quanity of eggs it holds. Kinda like
plug-n-play.

Back
Top Bottom