I need new ideas! Please help!!

Tripp16

Songster
8 Years
May 26, 2011
North Carolina
Hi BYCers!

I have a perfect little Old English Game bantam (BB Red) rooster. He is very handsome. Im in a bind though.....

Well I was never planning on getting a rooster until I got chicks and he turned out to be a little Rooster. Im not allowed to have roosters where I live (sadly).

Im kinda bummed because I wanted the hens to sit on some eggs this spring but I have to find him a home ASAP. He crows ALL the time which I knew that time would come.

What should I do? I dont use CL for reasons as I have been "tricked" twice and its really scary. What else could I do? Any advice on how you guys have gotten rid of roosters. Culling is out!

Is there anyway possible I could keep him quiet?
hmm.png

Quote:
I think my friend may have a guy that shows and breeds them so that way I know he will be safe. I hate chicken laws....
barnie.gif

ty to find a shelter that will re-home him. I got my last additions from a shelter. Search Petfinder.com or Animal place http://animalplace.org/rescues.html to find a farm animal rescue in your area. Explain to them what you want and then they can help you re-home your girls.

You should find your rooster a good home. I think every Chicken needs a good life. Sorry that u cant keep him. Hope you find your answers.
smile.png

Every city has a rural area. Have you not gone to the country and seen chickens on the property? You need to step up to the plate and be willing to get over your shyness and just walk right up to a farm home door even with a spouse or friend and tell them your issues of how you love this little guy and would they be willing to take him in? Do they know anyone in the area that they could call and plead your case to them. Most people are nice people and if you say you need help they would say how could they help? I think sometimes being direct and just asking would be the best approach. Go to a farm church on Sunday and ask some folks to help you? That's my idea and I hope it turns out good for your little guy!!

Since he's a bantam and sounds like he's friendly, can you sell him or give him away as a pet? Perhaps put up flyers in pet stores and vet offices. Or maybe you can find him a happy family in a more rural area. Find a farm supply or feed store and ask if they will let you put up a flyer for your rooster. There may be someone who wants some chicks in the spring that can give him some girls to take care of. That's how I got my roos
smile.png
they were listed on another local chicken board, but they did get a happy home so there is a chance for a good outcome!

You can also list him on BYC.

Good Luck!

I happened to be lucky rehoming a rooster on Craigslist. A guy happened to have some girls of the same breed as my little roo, and had planned on accidentally getting a roo in his female chick order, which incredibly enough did not happen for him. He invited me out to see where the little guy would live, and he and his wife were really nice. He still emails me pictures and updates on how Thor is doing. He's apparently a really nice roo, and still doing well after over a year there. Re homing on BYC would be preferable though. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom