I need recipes/uses for heavy whipping cream!

I make butter by putting the cream into small tupperware containers and then giving one each to the kids and telling them to run around and jump like crazy! After that I do what fireem says.

Dulce de Leche! Ooooh!

Alfredo sauce - holy smokes Italian alfredo is sooooo good and uses up a good amount of extra cream

Banana Ice Cream

Belgian Waffles

Pudding

Custard

Chowder

Cream of anything soup - broccoli, aparagus, potato, tomato

Creamed chicken over rustic thick thick bread

Mmmmm I love cream!

SIGH! My favorite food group, anything made with cream!!!
I think I'd be making whipped cream, fudge and butter. MMMMM.....
th.gif

Oh my gosh! I'm getting so hungry reading all of these great ideas!

I wonder...could I freeze any of the little cartons of cream? I'd hate for them to spoil, that would be such a horrible waste.

You can freeze them but there will be some separation when they thaw. You would need to use them fo cooking in recipes where the cream isn't the star of the dish. It won't whip as nice either. Perfectly doable.

Quote:
Thanks for the tip.

Oh, just curious how do you make your Italian alfredo?
I love making alfredo sauce, I usually do chicken Alfredo or use the sauce in different recipes? Do you use Italian sausage?

I use mostly fish, seafood or chicken. Those just lend theselves best to butter, cream, onions, garlic, parsley etc. My youngest DD craves alfredo sauces and pasta.

My mother in law also gave me a few tilapia filets to sample. I'm not a big fish eater but I hear it is mild. Not sure that would work in an alfredo sauce though
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom