i need some advise because MY CHICKENS HATE ME!!!!

L*A*G*

Songster
11 Years
Nov 19, 2008
planet chicken
it is oct now and that make my BO 7 MONTHS OLD i repeat 7 MONTHS OLD and STILL has not even looked at the nesting boxes. YES I am sure they have not got a secret nest some where in the woods. what did i do, why O why won't she lay?????
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif

Chickn chick 46

Songster
10 Years
May 22, 2009
Quote:
24 months?
ep.gif
I don't think even I could keep a chicken past 12 months that hasn't produced an egg. If that happened to any of my chicks, I would be inclined for the first time, to recuit to freezer camp.
sad.png

Edited to add: To the OP, I really hope she begins to lay for you. I don't get why it can take so long
hu.gif

Last edited:

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
yep. it's a conspiracy alright! start hanging KFC buckets and iron skillets in the coop for decor until they get the picture!!!

7 months is not unusual at all actually. they are still on target.

now give them a message from the one who gave you your avatar...PONY UP OR BE EATEN ALREADY!!!!!
ep.gif

christa7032

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 11, 2009
I'm in the same boat. My girls are 22 weeks and still don't even look like they are thinking about laying! It is so frustrating! Hopefully I will see an egg out of them soon...

JakRat

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Dover
you might need to have a heart to heart with her
smile.png
are they free ranging? if so you might have to have a family easter egg hunt to find them. my moms lays hers in a corner of the house in the bushes...

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom