I need some "Art" help!

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I need some help with a project I have to do for my "other Victims" Holocaust class here at the college.

We were told we could do anything for the project. One option was a power point presentation, which I would rather steer away from. I'm not very good with powerpoints! Another option was a last test on the last day of class. A third option was some type of art project.

Now I'm thinking I would like to do a picture with my oil crayons. I'm just having trouble thinking of a picture to do! At first I was thinking of doing something with a german shepard and incorporating the patches of each victim group within the picture. Now I'm wondering if I could somehow use a bird. However, the picture has to do something with the Holocaust. I'm terrible at drawing people and pretty good at animals. I just can't think of anything to do!

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them! If I can't think of anything good to do, I might just opt to take the final test, but I know my professor would be disappointed!

Well, the national coat of arms of Germany has a Black Eagle on it. And the Nazis would use an eagle in a lot of their symbols. You could use a Black Eagle to represent the German Nazis. I'm not sure what else you could do to represent the holocaust.

Everytime I think of the holocaust, I think of the fact that the only way a Jew was garanteed to survive, at least for a little while, in the camps was to be a seamstress or have some other kind of talent that they could use to their advantage in the war. And I picture poor, tired women at sewing machines day and night, mending Nazi uniforms.

I recently watched Everything is Illuminated. It is a very interesting artistic film.... might get the creative juices flowing. I liked your idea of the dog and patches. Maybe an eagle being driven out by the small sparrow or something???????
hu.gif
not really sure how to show it with the use of birds. Good luck though.
smile.png
Please post a pic when you get it done.. I;d love to see what you come up with
smile.png

Some of the members at the old BYC gave me a wonderful idea. I think I may go with this one, but I need to refine the details a bit more.

I'm thinking of doing a phoenix bird (representing the victims) raising out of fire (representing the death/concentration camps). Now I just have to think of some way to incorporate the colors of the patches, or the patches themselves. I may color the feathers somehow, but I'm not quite sure yet. I am going to talk to my professor about it on Monday. Keep the ideas coming if you have any though!

I found this...some Nazi's soldiers and their dogs...
nazidogs.jpg

You can do a search for WWII or Nazi propaganda posters as well, might find something you can work with there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom