I need some feedback from you chicken lovers out there!

MotherHensNest

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 18, 2013
I have started getting into hatching rare breeds of chicken. I just finished my website, but i dont know if it looks good enough. I would prefer feedback from you all as opposed to someone not of the "chicken kind"
yippiechickie.gif
! So i would appreciate it if you could just take a quick glance at it, skim through some of the pages, and tell me what you think. I worked on it for some time. Let me know what you think! Also, do you have any suggestions on things i could add to make it more informative? thanks to all!!!
thumbsup.gif

the website is motherhensnest.webs.com

Last edited:
first things first. can you change your post so that we can just click on it and go to your site? i have bad memory and im not apt to get up for pen and paper to write it down and then go looking.
pop.gif

it worked. i dont like the donation thing it makes it sound like a scam and if you dont pay that day u loss your bid. i would have thought a longer time period would be in order, not forever but more than a day. and did you know that concerning the arrival of live chicks that people can purchase added insurance for such? with all the negative out of the way i love it! your doing your passion and covering the cost! the auction type payment is fresh and asking for their stories gets us all started.haha. and did i forget to mention, your chickens are very healthy and clean looking. not bad eye candy . good luck
thumbsup.gif

Thank you so much, ill think ill do away with the donation thing then. Dont want people thinking its a scam! The only reason i would say that they forfeit is because the chicks need to be sent the morning after the day they are hatched, as i make sure to time it so they are hatched late sunday night. If i wait any longer to ship them, im afraid they will not last the entire journey and will either starve or worse. besides that, anything else you think i may need to add? I was thinking of possibly making a care sheet page that anyone could print, as well as incubation checklist charts, and things of the sort for reference. I want to add more of my personality into the website and how passionate i am about them, but without being unprofessional. I worry that people will think im some kid raising chickens for a project.

Any other sales pitches for it? i did mention that most hatcheries stop shipping out chicks come this season, but i continue with it, and send rare breeds. Ofcourse, only to states close by like georgia and florida where its always warm. Is there anything else i could say to make it even more appealing?

Thanks again for your response i very very very much appreciate it!!!
jumpy.gif

this is just my opinion , im sure not everyones. your passion already shows through. i am having 3 chicks shipped to me this next week and its calling for snow wednesday! the woman will use grow gel and those heat packs like you buy for your hands. you shake it and it warms for about 6 hrs. if your afraid people will think you are young mabey a family pic. is in order

Will you be posting the "current high bid" as you receive it? Or will it only be posted after the auction ends?

One other suggestion.. maybe send an invoice through Paypal to the winner instead of having the Paypal "Buy Now" button...
I'm not sure if someone could abuse the "buy now" button and in essence steal the chicks from the rightful winner or not..

The only other issue that I can see is if the eggs fail to hatch or you have a very low hatch rate (loss of power to incubator or fertility issues etc.).. do you plan to reimburse the winner if the hatch rate is low or if you have a 0 hatch?

Hi there,
On the whole I liked your site. Some of the grammar is a bit 'clunky' but it works ok. The only sentence I would change: on the 'how it works page' #2 - I would change the sentence to read - if you are the highest bidder.
I like the concept very much. The only possible problem I would foresee is - what happens if more than 50% of the shipment is dead on arrival (or shortly thereafter)? I understand that it costs you time/money/effort to raise these chicks, but people can be very short-sighted. Perhaps you could offer partial refund for a high mortality shipment, just a thought. Good luck with your venture, I might be ordering from you some day,
thumbsup.gif
Sue

Back
Top Bottom