I need some help.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Ryan Moorefield, Mar 20, 2012.

Did this annoy you?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2012.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ryan Moorefield

Ryan Moorefield Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2011
    Argos, Indiana
    I am in FFA and for my SAE(supervised ag expierence) I chose to raise chickens. I have never owned chickens in my life and I am 15. I would greatly appriciate if anyone would send me some plans for open chicken coop I would be very grateful.

2. FreedomLover

FreedomLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    Romance
  3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    There are a lot of coops shown under the "coops" tab at the top of this page. Several of them have pretty good "how-to" information with them. You might find something you like there.

Another option is to go to your public library and find a book on shed building. All it takes to turn a shed into a coop is a roost, a nest box or two, and a door for them to get to the outside. I just modified the end of an existing shed to make my coop, so if you have an existing building, that might be an option.

I'm not sure what you mean by "open" coop. When I see that, I think of a coop where the wall away from the roosts is made of wire instead of being enclosed, but it could mean other things, maybe even the run?

4. wilbilt

wilbilt Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2012
    Nor Cal
    My daughter is doing the chickens for FFA, too. I am getting carried along by her enthusiasm, LOL.

What's up with the poll?

5. JackE

JackE Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    North Eastern Md.
    There is a link to the book 'Open air poultry houses' on pg 22 of the post below. I tried to cut and paste it, but for some reason, could not make it happen. You can buy the book through Amazon if you want. It has plans in it for the coop below.
    Jack

1 person likes this.
  6. Ryan Moorefield

Ryan Moorefield Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2011
    Argos, Indiana
    (@ JackE) I looked at your coop and was wondering if you had the plans still and the supply list

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  7. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Did what annoy me? Not knowing what is supposed to annoy me or not? Confused.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by