I need some ideas for a small isolation coop. Help Please!

Chicken0Boy

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Upstate of South Carolina
I have been thinking recently about some diseases
sickbyc.gif
, and now I want a small isolation coop. The reason for it is because of the whole spreading and it whipping out my flock.
th.gif
(Thats a scary thought
hide.gif
)I was thinking it should hold 1-3 chickens, 1 feeder & waterer, and a small run. Keep in mind I am on a small budget and I am not wanting it as a fulltime coop. (If that matters with space) So, do any of you have any ideas, adive and/or pics to share?

Thanks in advance!
big_smile.png

wannabchick

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Northen Va
Do a search on here for converted doghouse

Infact I just got a doghouse yesterday..I will fix up..and will add it to my chicken village.

This way i can use it for several purposes

Goodluck

Last edited:

elmo

Crowing
11 Years
May 23, 2009
DFW
You can use a big plastic dog crate with shavings inside to isolate a single chicken. That's what I did when our little roo developed wet pox.

teach1rusl

Love My Chickens
10 Years
Jul 28, 2009
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Yard sales and CL are great places to find large plastic dog crates, and CL is a great place to find dog houses. Two weeks ago I found a HUGE (at least 30 x 48) plastic dog crate for $6. It was rough looking, but perfectly functioning. I also bought a very cute cedar looking dog house with windows for $50 last summer that I used for a quarantine coop for two pullets I'd picked up. Chain link dog runs are often sold on CL -perfect chicken runs.

quiltnchik

Songster
10 Years
May 19, 2009
Virginia
Quote:
We converted a chain link dog run into a coop. We have a roost and nest boxes inside and have the entire thing covered with tarps for the winter. During the summer the front tarps come off, and in the winter they get a heat lamp. Works beautifully for the 8 hens and their rooster
smile.png

wildorchid053

Songster
10 Years
May 12, 2009
syracuse area, ny
i have a hen inside right now with a hurt leg. she must have fallen and then got wedged between the wall and a box.. so she is inside my dining room in a dog crate. it is big enough for a couple of chickens.
31142_001.jpg

Top Bottom