I Need Some Prayers This Time... Pics added Pg 4 (Not Too Bad)

Chickie Mamma

Farmer at Heart
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Sherman, CT
Hello, this has been the week from hell for me and my family. Last Monday DH was play wrestling with my 8 year old daughter. I must have said "things are getting out of control" at least 3 times. Her gave her a fake "power bomb" and her knee hit her mouth and broke one of her permanent front teeth. After a hospital visit (to rule out a concussion and to stop the bleeding) and an orthodontic visit the next morning, she is ok. An $1,800 "mistake". She now has a mouth full of metal and 6 weeks before they can bond and cap the tooth. My DH was devastated and sick all week and so was I. She loves the braces with the HOT PINK rubberbands (as if it could not be noticeable enough. We finally calmed down even though its a constant reminder when I have to cut her food in little pieces and brush the braces with a special little brush.
Last night I get a phone call from my DH ( a splicer for an electric company ) that he was in the manhole and using a blow torch when there was a gas leak and was burned. He told me it was not bad because he had all his protective clothing and eyeware on, but his lips and the tip of his nose were numb and white. Ok, so I said go to the ER on his way home just so they can give him some ointment and take a look. Went to the ER... I get a call from the ER doctor that he has 2nd degree burns on his lips and nose and has heat trauma all over his face. They transported him to the nearest hospital with a burn unit. They jelled his face and was concerned that it would swell and cause trouble breathing from the swelling under his neck. I call his mother and father and they ran over there (90 mins away) I wanted to go, but my 3 year old son is sick and need albuterol treatments every 4 hours for his asthma so my MIL did not want to be here with him. My inlaws said he was swollen etc. I went today to be with him and all I could do is cry. I didn't want him to feel any worse, but I could not help it. WOW is he swollen and full of gel over his eyes, cheeks and chin. They say "heat trauma" can sometimes be worse than an actual burn. I AM SOOO SICK !! The good news is that There is only a little blistering on his lips and his face will have no scars. But the hospital cannot release him until the swelling goes down. My mom is on her way from NY to stay with me and the kids. The kids just think dad is working "overtime" which he does all the time. So please send me a prayer that I can stay strong and sane through all of this! I will be going back to the hospital as soon as my mom arrives... Thanks for listening, I needed to vent a little... or alot! Ann

Last edited:
Wow! What a week! Hang in there, it sounds like your hubby is in good hands at the hospital and I'm glad you have some help coming for you. Don't forget to take a little time for yourself so you can be rested and able to deal with this. Prayers going out to your family at this time! Come back and vent anytime!
hugs.gif

Nancy

Big hugs and prayers!
hugs.gif

All will be ok and your daughter and hubby will both have good stories
to tell. I know it may not feel that way now and that's ok.

Dear Father God, thank You that You are always listening. I don't have to burn incense or ring a bell to wake You...You are always there. I ask that You provide the Peace that passes all understanding for this family RIGHT now. Lord, You are the Great Physician, provide healing for burns and for teeth and for the 3 yr. old child who is ill. Holy Spirit, breathe comfort over this family. Lord provide everything spiritual, emotional, physical and financial in Your timing for this family. I ask all these things, believing like David that You are already encircling this family with Your angels and making a hedge of thorns about them. In Jesus' most holy name, Amen.

be well, and God bless.
hugs.gif

oh...Lord, give Chickie Mamma the strength to get through this situation with joy. The strength to do all she has to do right now. Give her wisdom and discernment to know the important from the urgent. Be with her, guide her, make Your face to shine upon her. Amen. (almost forgot!)
hugs.gif

Prayers to you and your family. He will be fine. Such a blessing he was wearing all his gear. Another is that he was at work. So work is paying. Also good your ma is coming. Reinforcements always help and will distract the kids. Hang in there. It will sort feel more managable soon. Vent away. That is what we are all here for.
love.gif
PS: Keep us posted on his recovery and tell him the chicken people are praying for him so he will get better quickly.

Back
Top Bottom