I need some spraddle leg advice

I use the liquid vitamin for parrots, it seems to be thicker and one drop hits the beak pretty well. Stains nice an yellow/orange though. Hubby sounds like keeper.

I have found the keets I have had with spraddle leg either improve over time with the taping or die very quickly. This one is obviously I fighter. I would keep trying, too. I hate to give up on them when they obviously want to fight. I have a "special needs" guinea that stays with my young birds that do not have a Mama. He is great at making lots of noise and warning me when there is a problem around their pen. Maybe something like that could work for you?

That sounds nice. I'm afraid I've gotten so attached I want Scooter to live in the house with me. Am I a sap, or what? I guess we'll see what she wants. I agree, I can't put down a little fighter either.

Well, you've name her, so she could become a pet.

I have one as well. We free range her with the rest and it seems to help, letting her walk and get stronger. We have to keep her separate in the coop, though as in a small confined area the others will peck her.

She walks like a two ton elephant - down comes one foot and then the other. This is an improvement over the duck with a limp walk!

She has such heart, that we have decided to keep her as a pet. She is just 2/3 the size of the others and wont be much of a layer, but we sure do enjoy her antics and she clearly is attached to us (sits on the arm of the lawn chairs when we are in them).

So, depending on what you want from your chickens....

Mother Goddess

Back
Top Bottom