I need to kill my roo and i cant do it

Pics
My rooster Angry Johnny is so mean I can no longer go outside to be with my birds or garden with out him running up on me and attacking or just straight up looking at me, ruffling his feathers and then charging me.
I just can't bring myself to actually physically hurt him. I feel bad wen I have to hit him with my be good stick. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?
Every time he comes at you, pounce on him unexpectedly and pick him up. Then, swiftly put him up side down holding him by his feet (I suggest holding on his knee joint, so he can't fly up.) Don't worry, lots of people have told me that it's better to hold a chicken up side down! So, the whole purpose is to show him that you're boss. Top roo. To really top it off, let out a loud victory crow to really show off. (Just a warning, if you do do a victory crow, and you're not holding him, BE READY TO POUNCE ON HIM AGAIN! HE MIGHT THINK THAT HE'LL SHOW YOU!) Even just pinning him to the ground for a little while might work. If he's smart, after so long, he'll leave you alone for about two weeks before he comes at you again. ;)

And if all else fails.... Here's a great article on how to rehome a rooster on Craigslist :D: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/how-to-post-on-craigslist.76257/

My rooster Angry Johnny is so mean I can no longer go outside to be with my birds or garden with out him running up on me and attacking or just straight up looking at me, ruffling his feathers and then charging me.
I just can't bring myself to actually physically hurt him. I feel bad wen I have to hit him with my be good stick. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?
Can you just keep him in a rooster pen? If not there are ads on Craigslist that take unwanted farm animals

Get a fish net with a long pole when he comes at you snag him with that. He can fuss all he wants then put him a cage and sell the idiot.

Gordon Ramsey had raised turkeys one year on his show and hired a meat processor to come in and take care of the turkeys. They were hug upside down which calmed them and he zapped them with a large battery charger. It was instant.
Is this like a charger for jump starting a car? where did he put the Red/Black clamps?

I just release them in an uninhabited rural area at least 5 miles away. Let them fend for themselves or become prey to other predators.
No. See below.
A responsible owner would never do this to his animals. There are responsibilities that come with owning animals, you cannot and should not duck out of.

I had a nasty rooster too and I placed an ad on craigslist with some nice photos asking $20. Believe it or not, I sold him in 2 days. I told the buyer he needed to come at night where I could easily snag the rooster off the roosting pole. My girls were so happy! They calmed down immediately. And I didn't have to watch my back all the time 😏

Back
Top Bottom