I need to switch dog foods. Help on brands?

Oblio- sadly the deer around here refuse to just lay down and give it up and my dogs are wretched hunters. They best they've ever managed is the random mole and truthfully I think the dogs just think they're interactive squeaky toys.
roll.png
They are more mangle-ers than mighty hunters.

The nearest Costco is about 45 minutes away. We have a Sams's Club in town. Has anyone ever used their food? My dad mentioned that I should check it out.

Purr- I love the concept of feeding raw or making their food, but truthfully I don't even really cook for myself. My work schedule is freaky and I am not home enough to keep it up. They do get eggs (raw and scrambled). Bought dog food unfortunately is our only option at this point. I need to find the best option compromising cost and quality.

Quote:
I hear ya if it wasn't for the fact that dust's 13 and can't tolerate the other stuff I'd be buying it too!I cook his food my DH comes in and says wow that smells good and then I have to tell him its for the dog.
lau.gif

Oblio- nice pic! Hopefully no one is offended by it, but I think it's cool.

Several people had said it already, but you can tell your dog is doing well on a food (you have to give it at least a couple months or more to tell) if the following holds true: Healthy shiny coat, firm stools, clean teeth (unless they were already dirty from the previous brand, then its a different story). Some bad brands of food also make a dog have a stronger "doggy" smell.

Besides giving your dog cooked eggs once and awhile, you can give fish oil capsules (1 a day or less if you wish). They are good for dogs with dry skin. I don't have to pill my dogs to give them, I just stick them in the kibble and it all gets eaten. Probably because the pill smells fishy.

Back
Top Bottom