I need to vent ........cry ........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenlittle1980, Jul 9, 2010.

1. chickenlittle1980

chickenlittle1980 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    NC
    So after I grauated from dental school as a DA and passed all the test so now I am a CDA. I was done with school in Sept (last year) Passed the DANB in DEC (last year) I have not ben able to find a job going on a year. I dont have any experince in dental other than interns. The school is not helping.

Anyway I have been looking for anykind of job doing anything. I have no money other than what the VA sends me (husband was killed) and it all goes to keep my house. My Grandfather has been helping me but no longer can. I dont know what to do.....I am so stressed. I call my mom today and she hangs up on me. The state of NC gives 33 dollars a month for food stamps.....trying living off of that!

For Godssake i need a break

2. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Have you tried looking at govt jobs? I can't remember the website, but they post all the federal jobs on one website. I would think you'd get a level of preferential treatment in the selection process too. There are usually job fairs hosted by bases as well; usually govt contractors. They are usually hosted for Soldiers getting out but I'm sure they'd let you in if you can get in touch with whoever is organizing. I'd try MWR or BOSS to start with; not quite sure who's organization these fall under. If nothing else those two should be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck, and God bless.

3. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    So sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.I hope you can find something soon. This economy crash has hurt so many people even college grad's.Trying to hang on like a Saber Tooth Tiger here just on our house have lost 2 vechicle's in the last year and daughter and grandson 2 live with Us full time and I have been unemployed for 2 years. [​IMG].You might think about relocation since you do have training.And check out Chick's idea of Govt. job's they may be able to help spouse's as well.Hugggg''zzz and Bless.Hope thing's get better for you and so sorry about your husband [​IMG].

4. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    That's a terrible situation to be in, just remember it will get better if you make it better. I have a bad habit of dwelling on negativity, its easy to do. The Great Recession has affected nearly everyone its not just you.

5. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    That's tough, but I noticed you have 10 dogs and 4 cats? How do you feed them, never mind vet care, etc? I doubt $33 will pay for dog food!

6. smileybritches

smileybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] hang in there--it will and is getting better. definitely look at gov't jobs. usajobs.gov is the website. do you have va in your area--wonder they have any resourses. i do want to thank you for your husband's service to our country. [​IMG]

7. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    I'll sell my body on a street corner before I let my dogs go hungry. They always eat before I do.

I know what you mean about tuogh times. My BF has been out of work for nearly 2 years. At first the company that laid him off kept saying they were going to rehire him, but when 4 months went by and no rehire he finally filed for unemployment. The kept saying they were going to rehire him as soon as work picked up but 2 months later still nothing so he went job hunting. Places didn't want to hire him because he had been laid off. After months of searching places told him they didn't want to hire him because he had been unemployed for so long. In the meantie I've been working part time jobs here and there, waitressing and cleaning and such. I currently dont have a job but have applied for tons everywhere, nobody but one called me back. I called a few and kept getting put off.

I can't even begin to tell you how unlucky we are. It's been constant bad luck and tough times for 2 years now, we're struggling worse than ever since we lost our house (another long story there).

Just know you aren't alone (misery loves company, eh?) and as long as we all stick together in these tough times we can and will pull through it!

[​IMG]

8. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i will talk to my sister for you. this is kinda what she does. her husband is stationed at ft. lewis in washington state. she got a job on base helping families before soldiers deploy, while they are deployed, after they are home, and if they have passed. she does like social work for the army. i'm sorry about your husband and not being able to find work [​IMG]

9. chickenlittle1980

Apr 15, 2010
    NC
    Thats right the animals eat first...I have a vet that I have a balance with...and a friend who can simetimes get me dog food ....so the animal are good this month

10. chickenlittle1980

Apr 15, 2010
    NC
    I guess the good thing about this is i have lots of time to train the dogs.....i have been so depressed it just has not happend

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by